About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Tuesday 5 February 2013

My knight in shining armour


Well it's that time of year when I become a bit secretive in with my crafting . I have to keep the project I am working on secret from Hubby who is normally welcome in my craft room but for the past couple of days has been barred from entering. Only because I have been working on a Valentines day card for him, here is what I have come up with and it is safe to share it here he has no idea how to find my blog.


All the images are from the Debbi Moore 'Days of Knights' CD and I went with the rich burgundy red and the white Knight for this design. The card is a stepper car but the back flab which stabilises the card when it is open has been folded over as a 'cover' and tied with ribbon  I mounted the story book page image on the cover to tell the story. mounting this on plain black card.


 I also decorated the back of the card with the coat of arms paper which was also mounted on black card.


Once the ribbon is undone the front cover flips over to reveal the stepper featuring the Knight ready to do battle with the fearsome dragon on the front step and his lady waiting by the castle window on the back step.
I couldn't use traditional decoupage other wise the card wouldn't lie flat when closed so I added dimension by just decoupaging the knights shield and the lady's sleeves and the shields mounted either side of the  window on the castle back drop.


On the inside of the cover I used one of the white design papers from the CD and added a self penned verse on a one of the card inners which I cut to size and stuck to one side adding a gold panel bearing two hearts cut from burgundy card using a Cheery Lynne Celtic hearts die. 

All that remains is for the card to be signed before I present it to him on Valentine's day.

I am entering this card into the following challenges 
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything goes Linky Party
http://twistedtuesdaychallenges.blogspot.ca/ -Anything goes
http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.co.uk/ Punches/dies
http://craftuscrazy.blogspot.co.uk/ - die cutting
http://mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Love is in the air
http://www.allwayssomethingcreative.blogspot.co.uk/ -Love
http://gofishchallenges.blogspot.ca All about love

7 comments:

  1. Super card with great images and design. Thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card love all the images but particulally the dragon on the front -thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fab valentines day card ,love all the images

    thanks for joining us at MIM and GOOD LUCK
    TRACEY X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card♥. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week♥.

    Hugs, Marita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just amazing!!! I saw it on MIM and I adore!!!

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an amazing card. So many lovely elements.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete