About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Friday 8 February 2013

P is for Phew

As in Phew what a lot of P's can be associated with Christmas. From the starting point of P is for Penguin or anything else beginning with P I have used the challenge at crafty hazelnuts to boost the tally of cards I have made for my charity recycling project by finding as many different P's I could then turn into Christmas cards as possible. So far I have had penguins, polar bears, puddings, poinsettias and post boxes, pussy cats and puppy dogs. The cards below have all again been made from the preloved Christmas cards donated by my wonderful work colleagues with minimal additions from my scrap box, freebie papers and odd gems and embellishments I have around the house so here is the final push starting with Pine Tree.....


Followed by another Polar Bear...


Pine cones...

Presents ....


Finally ending on what the message of Christmas is all about Peace on Earth 


I am entering these cards into the following Challenges 
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - P is for Penguin or anything else beginning with P
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes so long as it's Christmas




2 comments:

  1. Just shows what can be done by upcycling and adding a few other bits and pieces - thee are lovely cards - and such a great addition for both of my CHNC challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ideas. Well done. Thanks for joining at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas extra challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete