About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 20 February 2013

The Magic of Christmas

As part of my charity card project I have looked through hundreds of Christmas cards and many have already had sections cut from them with various shaped dies to be recycled into new cards. When I came across this one in the pile I couldn't bring myself to cut it. I loved the sentiment and the image together as they were so I trimmed it and to transform it I used some of my stash. I have already decided that some of the cards will be given directly to charity shops to sell, but we have a number of local charities who don't have the luxury of a charity shop to help raise funds so having discussed this with work colleagues some of the more elaborate cards will be put on sale at work and the cash raised will be donated to the charities. I have requested that my colleagues come up with suggestions for charities they would like to see supported so that we can spread the magic of Christmas to as many as possible throughout the year.


I used some dark purple snowflake vellum from my stash I bought  it years ago in a sale and have never had a suitable project for it. The recycled card image was just trimmed to get rid of any rough edges and stuck on the background at an angle before a die cut pine tree cut from green foil card and glittered randomly using stickles iridescent glitter glue was added and the whole thing was finished off with the glittered snowflakes. I added some extra glitter to the carpet of snow on the image using the glitter glue to make it really sparkle.

I am entering this card into the following challenges.
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  - Christmas in February
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Let it snow again
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes so long as it's Christmas
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - All that glitters
http://citycrafter.blogspot.co.uk/ - All that glitters





7 comments:

  1. Another lovely card ... Many thanks again for playing at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card for my CHNC challenges - love purple Christmas cards x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anoter beautiful card! Loved it. Thanks for joining again CHNC Extra Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the opulence of the colours and it's glittered so beautifully too.Super recycling and for good causes too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely use for the cards you make...great idea. This card is elegant and so striking. Love the snowflake background and the evergreen. They suit the wonderful deer image so well. Thanks for joining our All That Glitters challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another pretty card.. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card!!!!Thanks so much for playing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete