About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Friday 22 March 2013

Wonderful Wings - for CD Sunday

The Challenge this week at CD Sunday is wonderful wings. I decided to go down a male themed route with this bon voyage card



The backing paper, main image, tags, postcard and the union jack are all from the My Craft Studio Carousel of Classics CD box set I used Cds 1 and 2  which covers the period 1900-1939.

I added some sequin mesh on one side of the card in a vivid turquoise and embossed a panel of kraft card using the new chronology triboss embossing folder from Papermania. The Leaning tower of Pisa, Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower were die cut from plain black card using Marianne dies and the the cogs were cut using x-cut dies which go with the Papermania Chronology range.

To make the papers look older I distressed the edges and coloured them using momento ink in chocolate the embossed panel, image, tags, Union Jack and postcard were also distressed in a similar manner. The Kraft panel was also rubbed with tumbled glass distress ink to echo the blue of the sequin mesh and the background of the image and the plane tag.

The little hotel name plate is a sticker from the Tim Holtz ideology range and the finishing touches were the brads and metal cog from Papermania's Chronology range and the little copper pearls in the centres of the cogs and on the tag which were added using a pearl pen.

I am entering this into the following challenges
http://cdsundaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Wonderful Wings
http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk - Anything goes

11 comments:

  1. Great card, and of course they had material wings which made flying a little more difficult than today.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super card for a man Alli. I love all the images and the way you have used ink to highlight them really makes them stand out.
    Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous collage effect and perfect masculine card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collage effect; love the mix of different items that gives this a real vintage travel look.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. just loving your collage of travel
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and I love the collage effect. Another card with mechanical wings rather than the birds and bees type but just perfect for our challenge.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous male collage card, I love this type of card, lots of interest going on. It's good to see something different. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sort of card I wish I could do as well as this. I love Steampunk and old travel style but I always seem to put on too much or too little.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A little bit of steampunk and thats right up my street, i love this and thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
    sue-b xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous male card i love all the elements you have used. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous masculine themed card, you truly have combined every single element to perfection! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, enjoy your Sunday, hugs, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete