About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Sing a Song of Christmas

This week over on Hazel's blog her craftyhazelnut's Christmas challenge is a Christmas Carol or song. Which probably explains why I have been humming Christmas songs completely at random over the past couple of days. Here are two cards with different interpretations of the 'First Noel'

Again most of the elements are from my recycling project.


The first card I wanted to use some Kraft cards and so used a lovely backing paper from Raspberry Road (a freebie with one of the craft magazines) I added a little bit of hessian,to one corner and then stuck the word Noel cut from a card from the recycling bag using a plain oval die. I then added the holly leaves and gems along with a paper flower and a bakers twine bow.

For my second interpretation of the First Noel I created a card to celebrate a baby's first Christmas 



I used a pretty blue gingham backing paper for the backing and added this cute polar bear, on the original card he was looking at a star but I replaced the star with a wooden snowflake painted with white acrylic paint and covered in stickles. I placed it so that it looks as if he is waiting to catch it on his nose, The sentiments I did on the computer.

I am entering the cards into the following Challenges

http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything goes so long as it's Christmas


1 comment:

  1. Love the rich red on the first card and the one for baby's first Christmas is so sweet - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges x

    ReplyDelete