About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 2 September 2013

Eight Down Sixteen to Go

I was delighted when I saw the challenge theme this week at Through the Purple Haze this week was die cuts. I have recently become addicted to Tattered Lace Dies and this gives me the chance to show off one of the projects I have made using these intricate dies.



I have used Centura Pearl Paper in a lovely pale lilac tone for teh background and then die cut the shapes from Centura Pearl black card stock.

I used one of my spellbinders labels dies for the central panel but everything else was cut using tattered Lace dies.

The Corners are from a new dies that so far has only been available to members of teh Create and Craft club - as it hasn't been launched on TV yes and is part of a two die set which has this triangle and a lovely lacy square die that cuts leaving an oval centre aperture.

The scrolls on the sides are bits of the 'waste' from the corner die.

The central image is from the floral selection of dies and this one is 'Pansies'

Finally the sentiment is cut using a mixture of the everyday and Christmas sentiments dies.

I am entering this into the following Challenges

http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - use your die cuts
http://cuttlebugmania.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card and I agree those dies are lovely. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its a lovely card and i especially like the dies..... thanks for joining us on TTPH

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, you can't go wrong with tattered lace xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alli! Love your card! Those Tattered Lace dies are indeed beautiful and you need little else when you use them!! Great card! Thanks for joining us again this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT
    TTPHC

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card, wonderful strong colour and awesome dies used. Thanks so much for joining us over at Through The Purple Haze Challenges ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply beautiful, a very classic card. Thanks so much for joining us at Through The Purple Haze Challenges.
    Teresa DT xx
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alli such a lovely black and white card and i love the dies! Many thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges and we look forward to seeing you again soon...Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so beautiful I love the dies.. Thank you so much for joining in at Through the Purple Haze Challenge xxx

    Jacqui DT

    ReplyDelete