About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Sixteen Down Eight to go.

This week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges the theme is For the Girls. I came up with this one.


This card was all about using up bits in my craft stash. The backing papers were left overs from other projects and to bring them all together I matted them onto pale grey paper. The image is a Sarah Kay rubber stamp and it was the first ever stamp I bought. Rather than colouring her I paper pieced her clothes from the off cuts of the backing papers and then coloured the skin and hair using Spectrum Noir FS1, 2, 3, and TN1 and EB1,2,3

To make the card really girlie, I used a Martha Stewart punch to edge the grey paper behind the candy striped panels. I also used a score board and ball tool to emboss the large pink panel to give a quilted effect adding pearls at the intersections. Behind the image I added a piece of gauze left over from another project and a scrap of lace.

The Fence is just die cut from white card, and I added a die cut foliage swirl cut from a piece of the grey paper. The roses are from Hobby House and the blue sweetheart blossoms were from my stash as was the charm. A scrap of blue seam binding tied in a bow finish it off. 

The die cut pink butterfly was one left over from another project and rather than put it into a box of die cuts and risk it getting damaged because it is so delicate I used it here. 


 Above the card closed for posting.

I am entering this into the following challenges.
http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/- For the girls
http://abcchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - what's old is new again - use your old stamps.
http://hobbyhousechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/  - Roses

6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love every bit of this card...amazing....

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. a gorgeous rose filled creation for the Hobby House challenge, thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alli! This is just absolutely stunning! The image is adorable, your coloring is fab, and I love all the little embellies you added! Thanks for joining us again at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Alli it is sweet and adorable and so girly i love it. great colouring and some lovely embellishments you have used. Many thanks for entering our here comes the girls challenge this week. Anita DT T hrough the Purple Haze Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ali! This is beautiful! So many different elements and details!!! I'm in awe!

    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

    Lucy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - this is so gorgeous!! Love all your embellishments and that darling little girl. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete