About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Saturday 21 December 2013

DT call over at Fab n Funky Challenges.


Hi Everyone 

Just to let you know there won't be a challenge over at Fab n Funky on Wednesday this week what with it being Christmas Day. We girls on the DT are on our Christmas Hols until January 8th when we return with a whole load of new challenges. 

We have had a few of the DT girls step down in the last few months, most recently Rachel and Jackie and we really miss them all, but the spaces they have left are there to be filled by a whole new set of DT members and so we are very excited to announce our DT call for 3 or 4 new members for 2014.

So.... What's it all about!

  • Fab'n'Funky Challenges is a very popular weekly challenge going live each Wednesday- but we have two teams who post on alternative weeks so as a DT member at Fab'n'Funky your commitment would be to make a project every other week - though you can join in every week if you would like to.  We take holiday breaks in the busy summer and Christmas periods so you don't need to worry about meeting deadlines at these times.
  • We have sponsors every week and prizes for our challenge winners - the majority of these sponsors provide digis for the team to work with - so you need to be able to colour and work with digi stamps
  • Also you must be prepared to promote our sponsors and their images on your blog -  we have some wonderful sponsors for 2014.
  • We have crafters of all styles and abilities on our team - so you do not need to be an experienced crafter or DT member as there is always someone around to help out on our DT blog on blogger where we chat and keep up to date with our challenges - so a blogger account is required so that you can join in with us as we are a very democratic bunch!!
  • The other requirement is that you comment on your allocation each week - and it's always nice to visit your fellow teamies!
  • Oh and just one other thing! - as an added twist this year we are introducing a Christmas challenge in the last week of every month - in a bid to get everyone organised with a few more Christmas cards for next year - now that can't be a bad thing -                                                       so it's Fab'n'Funky Challenges - with an added twist of Christmas!!

If you are interested please pop over to Fab n Funky Challenges and follow the instructions at the end of Judith's blog post to apply for the DT - Good Luck and I'll see you over on the DT blog in January.

Alli xx

No comments:

Post a Comment