About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 27 April 2015

Nursery Times over at Ooh La La Creations.

Hello everyone Once again I have to thank all those who entered our 'Lots of Layers Challenge' there were some gorgeous cards to check if you made the top 3 just pop over to the Challenge Blog at
http://ooh-la-la-creationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

This time the challenge is to go back to your childhood and capture all those wonderful ......

'Nursery Times'

I went with the Shawn Jenkins CD again you can get your copy from the shop by clicking the image below.

I used this gorgeous colourful image that for me captures my own and the childhood of many others.


As soon as I saw this image I was transported back to my first day at school we had a wonderful teacher - Mrs Bates who was well travelled and in her classroom was a wonderful painted wooden Noah's Ark with all the animals. Several years later having completed my A levels and looking for something to do before starting at University I was invited back to my old infants school by the headmistress to work as a non teaching assistant. On my first day I walked into what used to be Mrs Bates classroom, although she had retired a few years previously and there at the back of the class was the Noahs Ark - the paint a little more worn than in my day but still providing hours of pleasure for the little ones in the class.

To make the card I started with a 6 inch square card and scored the front to form a very simple easel card I added panels of the cloud paper and then added the image at an angle and a die cut teddy.

I lined the inside with the colourful rainbow paper and added a basket weave panel underneath the greeting that acts as the stopper for the card and then finished off with the die cut rocking horse- because Mrs Bates used to have one of those in her classroom too.


The card folds flat for posting as shown in the image above.

4 comments:

  1. Such fond memories to accompany your pretty card. A super creation perfect for the challenge, and I'm so glad to see im not the only one without the nursery CD! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning card I love the image and your design is wonderful.
    Debs xx

    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alli this is such a fun and colourful easel design. Love the ark image.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happy memories this challenge has evoked for you......love the story........and your card. I too didn't go with the Nursery Times CD xx Wynn

    ReplyDelete